Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ministering to others

This past week I have been learning about ministering to others, not just spiritually but also emotionally and relationally. Ministering to people on a spiritual level to me is easier than to minister to others in the other areas, as it requires more of my strength to help others in their walk with God as it is a spirit to spirit conversation as well as a physical conversation. And the most important thing that I discovered was that no matter what we do, no matter what we say, the most important thing is to have love.

Love determines how much you can touch the other's person life, it determines the tonality and the words that you say. Love also forces you to enter the life of the other person and try to look it at their point of view instead of forcing your own pre-conception unto them. But as humans, we tend to self-project our image on people based on what we had experienced and what we hear about the other party.

I feel burdened for so many of my fellow SOT members. I feel we need to step out of our comfort zone and really go on into the deeper things of God. My prayer for them is that we are able to go deeper into the things of God and catch all the things that we need to be an effective servant of Christ.

No comments: